Frank Warrens Automotive Service, an independent automotive mechanical repair business, was founded in November 1945 by Frank A. Warrens(Sr.) and located on SW 18th and Taylor Streets.
Frank Sr. was joined by son, Frank R. Warrens (Jr.) in 1961 and who became a partner in the business at that time. In 1966 the business was relocated to NW 21st & Kearney until 1980 when it was again relocated to the present address just off West Burnside Street across 20th Avenue from the Stadium Fred Meyer Store.
Coincidentally, in the 1930’s, Frank Warrens Sr. and his brother Holt Warrens worked together at H. W. Warrens Co., an automotive repair service, which was located on 20th Place on the west side of the same Fred Meyer store. After WW II, Frank Sr. opened his own shop on SW Taylor and his brother Holt constructed the building for his shop which is now the home
of Frank Warrens Automotive Service.
Frank Warrens Automotive Service has a long standing involvement in civic and business associations in the Metropolitan Portland area currently including the Northwest Automotive Trades Association and Metropolitan Business Association.